Quick banana flaxseed cookies

I had these two ripe bananas that would not last another day. I hate throwing food away, so I had to come up with something to do with them.  I did not have whole wheat flour to make a banana bread, so I decided to make these flaxseed banana cookies. I found the recipe for banana flaxseed crackers from a blog called Undressed Skeleton. I just changed up the recipe A LOT to make banana cookies.
Quick Banana Flaxseed Cookies
Makes: 15 cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1- 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (it gets absorbed better when it is ground)
  • 1/4 cup walnut pieces, than crush into small pieces
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
Directions:
1.  Preheat oven at 300 degrees.
2. Mash the banana, it can have small chunks.
3. Add all the ingredients and mix.
4. Lay out the wax paper and spray with canola oil.
5. Scoop a spoonful of mixture onto wax paper and press flat (like a cookie).
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 min.
7. Enjoy this simple, but nutritious cookie.

Nutrition facts: Serving: 1 cookie
Calories: 59, Fat: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Carb: 5g, Protein: 1.7 g
* Fat is mostly polyunsaturated fat! Eat your healthy fat!







Comments

Popular Posts