Black Bean Brownies

I have been seeing so many recipes for black bean brownies and I was so excited to try one! We had a ton of black beans in the pantry, so I decided to try this out. I started to follow a recipe, but than I started to just make it up. It is a good dessert to satisfy your chocolate craving, but not close enough to a real brownie. The middle was soft and fudgy, while the outside was drier.  I am glad I tried it out!
Black Bean Brownies

Makes: 12 brownies
Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cup black beans, rinsed out of can
  • 1/2 cup old fashion oats
  • 2 Tb unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 2 t coconut sugar (I am sure you can use any kind)
  • 2 Tb agave nectar
  • 2 t vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I mixed dark chocolate and semi-sweet chips)
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate almond milk (any milk would work)
  • 2 Tb smooth peanut butter (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, grind oats to become a flour consistency.
3. Add cocoa, baking powder, and coconut sugar; pulse for them to mix.
4. Slowly add black beans while pulsing. Once black beans are mixed, add remaining ingredients (not peanut butter).
5. Spray pan (I only had 8" round pan, but a square one would be best).
6. Spread mixture in pan, than swirl the peanut butter on top or any other things you want to add on top (ex: chocolate chips, whip cream, etc.).
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes.


*If you have any suggestions, let me know!*

Nutritional facts: 1 brownie
Calories: 162
Fat: 10.1 g
Carbs: 17 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 5 g

Comments

Popular Posts