Food Prep

I am sure we are all super busy and running around the whole day, which makes eating healthy very challenging.  This does not have to be the case, food prep will help you conquer the day in a healthy way and help you accomplish your health goals. To have a healthy lifestyle, food prep should be done daily. Having healthy food prepared, will make healthy eating as quick as the drive through (but a lot more nutritious and cheaper).

My schedule tomorrow is packed to the max with: the gym, doctor appointment, 4 hour class, break, 2-1/2 hour class, and than studying. I want to be prepared for this day by preparing my food for the meals and snacks that I won't be home for (lunch and dinner). I thought about where and what time I would be eating, for example: I have a break between my doctor appointment and class where I can heat up my leftovers from tonight's dinner: chicken marsala with brown rice, spinach, and mushrooms. Than I have a break between class where I can have dinner and study some. For dinner I chose a spinach salad with tuna and salsa (for the dressing) because I can sit and enjoy it without being rushed before my next class. Here is my example of meal prep to last me for 11-12 hours. I usually need to eat every 2-3 hours, that is why I packed nutritious snacks like: nuts, popcorn, baby carrots, and fruit that is easy to grab on the run.

All this food= 900 calories, 118 g carb, 65 g of protein, 22 g fiber, all your vit C and vit A

*Tips for Food Prepping*
-Cut up fruit and vegetables and put them into clear containers in the fridge, if you put them eye level you will most often choose them first.
-Buy containers that fit appropriate portions ex: salad bowl, snack bags, etc.
-Write out a menu for meals or a meal for each day that week (ex: lunch)
-When food shopping, make a list of what you need for the whole week
-Take a few hours one day to cook for the upcoming days ex: Sunday-bake 5 pieces of chicken for lunch each day and change up from a salad to sandwich
-Always have healthy snacks easily accessible to run and go, ex: cheese stick, nuts, popcorn (not butter), fruit, cut up veggies


Comments

  1. Island Fresh Meals offers the best catering services for your special occasions in Jacksonville with customizable lunch & dinner buffet menu. Gift Cards Available. Fresh Meal Delivery Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you and your staff for the fantastic catering at the wedding. We were extremely happy with the table's appearance and the super service provided by every one of your team. If you are searching for the best Catering, look at the
    Catering Services in Madurai
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like to sincerely thank you and your team for the superb meals at the wedding. Look at the if you're trying to find the top catering Catering Services in Trichy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts