Healthy Shamrock Shake

I love this time of year when shamrock shakes are in season and Irish potatoes. They are both very unhealthy treats, but just so good! I treat myself to one shamrock shake a year and a couple Irish potatoes during this season.

I tried to make my own healthy shamrock shake, it was not as good as the real one (probably because it wasn't full of fat). But it still satisfied my craving.

McDonald's 12 oz Shamrock Shake has:
-530 calories
-15 g of fat, 10 g of sat. fat, 1 g trans
-86 g of carbs
-11 g of protein
- 73 g of sugar!!!! (WOW!)



My healthy shamrock shake has:
-215 calories
-6 g of fat, 4 g sat. fat
-31 g of carbs
-16.5 g of sugar (what a difference!)
-8 g of protein

Ingredients for 1 shake:
-1/3 c lite coconut milk (canned)
-1 c light original soy milk
-handful of spinach
-1 frozen banana, in chunks
-1/2 t of mint extract 
-1/2 t of vanilla extract
-ice cubes

Directions:
Blend all ingredients in a magic bullet or food processor. Start with mint extract at 1/4 t and add according to your taste for mint. 


Comments

Popular Posts