Butternut Squash Sauce with Spinach Pasta and Asparagus

On one of my trips to Wegmans, I picked up this delicious butternut squash pasta sauce:

Than when my mom went to Lancaster, she picked up this amazing spinach basil garlic fettuccini:
I had leftover asparagus in the fridge so I just combined everything together. It did not sound like the best combination, but it actually turned out to be like-ya-plate-good!


Butternut Squash Sauce with Spinach Pasta and Asparagus
Serves: 1
Ingredients:
  • 10 spears of asparagus (however much you are in the mood for)
  • 3 oz of spinach basil garlic fettucini (any pasta would work and amount, I was hungry!)
  • 1/2 cup butternut squash pasta sauce
  • sprinkle garlic powder
  • sprinkle onion powder
  • sprinkle pepper
  • Romano cheese (or parmesan)
Directions:
1. Fill skillet with a layer of water, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and asparagus to steam the asparagus (about 8-10 min).
2. Cook pasta al dente (about 5 min).
3. Drain pasta and add the butternut squash pasta sauce. Heat for 3 min.
4. Add pasta to plate, than asparagus, top with Romano cheese.
5. Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts