Lemon and parsley pasta with Jersey asparagus

I love this time of year when Jersey produce starts! Growing up on a farm I am spoiled with amazing Jersey produce and usually I focus on what is in season for all my meals. Buying local produce is cheaper, more fresh, and you know where it came from. The only down fall is the produce is sandy, but that is when you know it is straight from the farm!
Right now Jersey spinach and Jersey asparagus are out! For dinner last night I incorporated the Jersey asparagus with lemon and parsley. If you are going to cook asparagus, make sure you soak and shake it in water for a couple minutes because of the sand!

Lemon Parsley Pasta with Jersey Asparagus
Serves: 1
Ingredients:
-1 lemon (need the juice and zest)
-1/4 bunch of asparagus, cut in thirds (about 5-8 spears-wash and cut the thick ends off)
-1/4 cup fresh parsley
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1 shallot, sliced 
-1 garlic clove, diced
-salt
-pepper
-1 tbsp Romano cheese
-1 1/2 cup cooked pasta (I used spinach basil fettuccine)

Directions:
1. Turn oven on at 350 degrees F. Place asparagus, shallot, and garlic on a tray and drizzle olive oil (about 2 tsp), salt, and pepper over the asparagus. Roast for 12-15 minutes.
2. On a skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 lemon juice on medium heat.
3. Add pasta to skillet.
4. Add the roasted asparagus, shallots, and garlic to pasta in skillet. 
5. Drizzle with olive oil, add parsley, add the other 1/2 of the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. 6. Mix the pasta with asparagus. 
7. Once heated, turn off heat and add Romano cheese and lemon zest, mix well.
8. Plate it and add some lemon zest and parsley to make it pretty and enjoy!

Nutrition facts for 1 Serving (from myfitnesspal):
550 calories
13.8 g fat
91.3 g carbs
8.5 g fiber
21.7 g protein
42% Vit A
157.6% Vit C
13.8% Calcium
12.4% Iron

Just an update about what I have been doing lately!
Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I am going to start doing nutrition counseling and I have been getting papers together for that, plus I work and go to school. But I am so excited about what God has in store for me. I just have to continue to trust in God and know that where ever he leads me, that is where I am meant to be. 
I am excited to help others through nutrition counseling to make them feel and look their best! Today, in the mail, I got my tools: bioelectrical impedance, scale, and measuring tape. 
I am most excited about the bioelectrical impedance since the percent body fat number is more important than the scale number. A lot of people get too focused on the scale, which leads to "dieting" and their ability to make weight loss enjoyable and creative.



Comments

Popular Posts