Strawberry Filled Crepe

For Father's day, on Sunday, I made my dad his favorite breakfast: a French Crepe. Since it is the end of strawberry season, I wanted to use them before they end. As the produce seasons change, I will probably change what fills the crepe. Having the base recipe is key and than the filling you can just be creative with anything like: eggs, berries, apples, Nutella, etc. 
I usually don't use all-purpose flour, but I know my dad does not like whole wheat flour as much. I will attempt a whole wheat crepe one of these days! But for now this is a good standard recipe for crepes!
Strawberry Filled Crepes

Serves:4-6
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk (I only had 2%)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Additions: strawberry jam, smashed strawberries, 10x sugar
  • butter or coconut oil for pan
Directions:
1. Combine ingredients, except butter or coconut oil, and mix until there are no lumps.
2. Let it sit in fridge for at least 30 min.
3. Heat 8 in. or 8 1/2 in. pan and melt butter or coconut oil to coat the bottom. Scoop about 1/3 cup of batter into the center and move the pan around to cover the bottom of the pan with the batter.
4. Cook for 2 minutes flip and cook for another 1-2 min. The sides come up a bit and may get a bit crispy.
5. Place crepe on plate and fill. We filled with homemade strawberry jam and smashed strawberries, than topped with 10x sugar.

I still have to practice the flipping process, but they still tasted good and that is what matters!

Comments

Popular Posts