Berry Banana Whole Wheat Muffins

Breakfast is my favorite meal from pancakes, oatmeal, eggs, etc. I usually wake up early enough to make oatmeal or eggs. But I have to prepare myself for the days that I have to wake up way early or in a rush. Instead of buying packaged foods, I'd rather make a healthy, quick, grab-and-go breakfast food. I prepared these muffins , wrapped them, and placed them in the freezer. When I am in a rush I defrost it in the microwave and go on my way with a healthy breakfast muffin. It is good to always be prepared!


Berry Banana Whole Wheat Muffins
Serves: 12-14
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs cinnamon
  • 2 tbs ground flaxseed
  • 1/8 cup brown sugar (you can add more)
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup soy milk (any will do)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup blueberries
  • 5 large strawberries, sliced 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12-14 muffin liners in a cupcake tin. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a different bowl, mash the bananas. Then, add the liquid ingredients, blend together.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well but don't over mix.
5. Fold in blueberries and strawberries.
6. Pour batter into muffin liners (about 3/4 full).
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove and let them cool on a rack. Once completely cooled, wrap and freeze for another day, or just enjoy when warm!


Nutrition Facts for 1 serving (out of 14 servings):
92 calories
1 g fat
19 g carbs
3 g fiber
6 g sugar
3 g protein



ENJOY!!



Comments

Popular Posts