Grilled Peaches with Yogurt

 Grilled Peaches with Yogurt
Ingredients:
- Medium size, ripe peach
-4-6 oz vanilla yogurt
-1 tsp coconut oil, melted
-cinnamon
-agave nectar (or honey)

Directions
-Turn on grill to medium heat.
-Cut peach in half, remove pit. 
-Brush coconut oil on the cut sides of the peaches and sprinkle cinnamon. Place the cut side flat on the grill.
-Grill for 10-15 min, until soft and grill marks are on the peach.
-Remove, let it cool down. Add the yogurt in the core of the peach, drizzle with agave nectar or honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
-Enjoy for healthy dessert, breakfast, or snack!






*Fun Tips About Peaches*
-{In a medium peach/ 1 cup} 60 cal., 14g carb, 2.2g fiber, 13g sugar, 1.4g protein
-Good source of: fiber, vit C, vit A, niacin, potassium
-Low glycemic load for good blood sugar
-87% water
-Good source of flavonoids to help prevent cancer and heart problems
-Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days
-To ripen quickly, store in a paper bag
-Pick ones that allow gentle pressure and smells sweet
-2 kinds: clingstone (the pit is difficult to remove) and freestone (the pit can be easily removed)
-Georgia is the "Peach State"
-China is the largest producer of peaches
-Peach season is July through September 
-Good for desserts, in salads, cobbler, canned, peach jam, peach salsa, or grilled!


My Sunday!
Today my parents and I adventured over to West Chester and Chaddsford, Pennsylvania to buy a tractor for the farm. The view at the farm was so beautiful, since I am not used to hills around my house.
This is the tractor...
After the tractor purchase, we visited a farm market that was right down the street. It was much smaller than my family's farm market, but really cute. We got vegetable crisps, the green bean one was the most interesting, but very good. We also got a roasted red pepper hummus mix, just add water and you have hummus! Across the street was a little cow, I just wanted to take him home with me (I think my dad thought the same.)

To end our farm visits, we went to a healthy fast food place called "Farmer's Road". It is in Chaddsford, PA and just opened a month or two ago. I recommend this place, it was cheap, delicious, healthy, and has a drive thru!

The inside was so adorable with farm tools, farm doors, farm decor, mason jars with flowers or napkins, picnic tables, and the bathroom was so cool looking! That black board names the places where their food comes from. They also have soda made from New Hope premium fountain. New Hope makes their drinks from all-natural recipes made with real fruit juice and pure cane sugar, it does not contain phosphoric acid and high fructose corn syrup. I mixed the lemonade with orange mango... refreshing! To the right they have an oatmeal bar (breakfast) and a pickle bar (lunch/dinner).
I pretty much made my own sandwich, since I changed up their original sandwich. I got the hummus wrap with avocado, turkey, cucumber, and spinach on a whole wheat wrap. The sandwich my parents got was a turkey sandwich with cucumber, greens, honey mustard, goat cheese, and black pepper on sourdough bread. Sandwiches come with sweet potato chips or apple slices (that taste just like a gummy candy) and a drink. 

I left feeling very satisfied and full! 




Comments

Popular Posts