Peach Cobbler Bread

I have been hooked on peaches lately. One of my favorite and easiest things to do for dessert: slice up a peach, microwave for 30 sec, add 1/4 cup greek yogurt and 2 tbsp of lite cool whip and some granola on top. It is a quick, delicious, and healthy dessert. But I saw this recipe for peach crisp bread from superhealthykids.com and had to make it. I added some more peaches to my recipe and it was so good!

Peach Cobbler Bread

Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
-1 1/2 cups old fashion Oats, extra for topping
-3 tbsp sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-2 cups peaches, remove skin and slice 
-2 eggs
-3 tbsp melted coconut oil
-1/2 cup vanilla bean greek yogurt (or 1/2 cup plain yogurt + 1 tsp vanilla)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray and flour bread loaf pan.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl.
2. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Add to pan, sprinkle with a few oats and peach slices. Bake for 50-60 min, until center is cooked. 
5. You should let it cool, but I could not wait to try it that I did not let it cool enough. Since I cut it when it was hot, it turned into peach cobbler/crisp and not much of a bread. When it cooled down, it sliced like bread. I recommend both ways: hot and cold!!

Nutrition facts for 1 serving (out of 8 servings)
(myfitnesspal)
240 calories
8g fat
37 g carbs
5 g fiber
12 g sugar
7 g protein 


Comments

Popular Posts