Farmer's Market


Farmer's Market
As I have mentioned before, that my family has a farm market, in Sewell, NJ, that is opened year-round. We have a bakery and a deli in the farm market. During Easter time, fall, and Christmas time we have hayrides and activities for all ages. The fall time is our biggest time of the year with hayrides to pick pumpkins, corn maze, fall food, pumpkin land,  face painting, parties, music, and many different activities every Saturday.
Beautiful sunset over the farm
 Pumpkin Land
 BIG pumpkins!
 A few fun looking ones we grow 




In the summer my brothers take some of the market to local town-farmer's markets on Saturday mornings. My one brother, Matt, and his wife, Kylee, go to Voorhees, NJ. My brother, Keith, and our friend Penny or I go with him to Haddonfield, NJ. This weekend coming up is our last week since the crazy fall-Saturdays are right around the corner.
My brother Keith and I
I love the farmers market and making relationships with the regulars that visit us every Saturday morning. I enjoy teaching people about nutrition and different ways to prepare foods. People love being educated and love getting their farm/nutrition questions answered from a professional farmer (my brother) and an (soon-to-be) expert in nutrition (aka dietitian). I can not wait to have that "RD" beside my name in a few years! (RD=registered dietitian)
Sat Aug 17, 2013
What we sell: we sell Jersey produce that is in season, we grow it all on the farm: white sweet corn, tomatoes, basil, strawberries, peaches, nectarines, apples, blueberries (not ours, but from South Jersey), zucchini, eggplant, squash, blackberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, raspberries, sweet potatoes, green beans, cucumbers, pickles, kale, radishes, peppers, and some bakery products from our bakery.
 Saturday Aug 31, 2013
Apples, peaches, and corn at the same time= the best time of year!!

If you are ever in the area, come stop by our farm market, Duffield's Farm in Sewell, NJ! Or come this weekend to Haddonfield farmer's market to visit my brother and I, hours: 8:30-1.




Here are a few pictures: (they are a couple years old)
 All the grandkids in front of the farm market
 Us with our grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Duffield, the ones who started the farm!
 You have to have a tractor picture!
We sell Christmas trees, too!
I love the roof picture!

Comments

Popular Posts