Vegetable Stromboli

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and a great holiday season! I had an amazing Christmas and New Year's Eve, I am so blessed for all my family and friends! The year 2013 treated me very well and I am excited for what 2014 is going to bring! This year I hope to help more people hit their health goals and keep a healthy lifestyle for a lifetime. 

At one of my Christmas parties, I made this vegetable Stromboli with a whole wheat pizza dough. This Stromboli was delicious and filled with nutrients and fiber! I hope you can enjoy it just as much as we did.

Vegetable Stromboli

Serves: 6- 10 people (depending how large you slice it)
Ingredients:
  • 1 ball of whole wheat pizza dough
  • 2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup onions, chopped
  • 1 cup broccoli, cut in small pieces
  • 1 cup spinach, chopped
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • spices: salt, pepper, oregano, paprika
Directions:
  1. Place halved grape tomatoes on a pan, mix with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 40 min at 350 degrees(the longer, the better the taste).
  2. Mix the onion, garlic, and broccoli to the tomatoes and roast for another 5 min.
  3. Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangular shape. Add olive oil on the edges.
  4. Add 1 cup of cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper to the middle of the dough.
  5. Add all the veggies on top of the cheese, than add the remaining cheese on top.
  6. Flip sides inward, than edges meet the sides to close the stromboli.

  7. Flip over so the crease is facing the pan, add slits on top so it can breath, and finish with a sprinkle of paprika and olive oil on top.
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min.




    Nutrition Facts for 1 serving out of 6 
    (Myfitnesspal)
    255 calories
    10 g fat
    28 g carbs
    3 g fiber
    2 g sugar
    14 g protein
    high in Vit C and calcium

Comments

Popular Posts