Chicken, asparagus, red pepper, and carrot stir fry

Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
Serves: 2
Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 c chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 skinless chicken breast, cubed
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp corn starch
  • 1 tsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger
  • 1/2 bunch asparagus
  • 1/4 of red pepper
  • 1 carrot (or 5 baby carrots), sliced thinly 
Directions:
  1. Cut ends of asparagus and throw away. With the remaining asparagus, cut into three pieces. Slice carrots and red pepper. Get all ingredients ready.
  2. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Set aside. In another small bowl, combine water and corn starch. Set aside.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 tsp of oil, than add asparagus, carrots, and red pepper until tender for about 4 minutes (if necessary add a splash of chicken broth).
  4. Add the garlic, ginger, and shallots, cook for a minute. Set the mixture aside.
  5. Heat 1 tsp of oil and chicken pieces. Cook chicken on each side for about 4 minutes and repeat on other side. 
  6. Add the soy sauce mixture and the veggies with the chicken. Add the corn starch mixture and stir well, let it sit for 2 minutes and remove from heat. 
  7. Enjoy with quinoa, rice, or noodles!




    My birthday present
    (The dessert bullet!)
    My birthday was April 1 (I am a fool baby!) and this was one of my favorite gifts. My boyfriend's mom got it for me. It is a great way to enjoy a delicious dessert without added sugar, fat, and chemicals that are in ice cream. We used frozen peaches, blueberries, and yogurt for the first batch (I froze the yogurt in ice cube trays a few days before). For the second, I made a peanut butter-dark chocolate-banana soft serve! So so good!! I recommend this product for everyone, plus they provide you with a recipe book. I am so excited for the summer to make all different frozen desserts with my families' fresh produce!


Comments

Popular Posts