Apricot Vanilla Tea Infused Oatmeal

I was never a fan of apricots, I was actually scared of them, but I am starting to love it! My friend, Tori, introduced me to an Apricot Vanilla Creme tea by Tazo. She first made it as a tea latte and I fell in love with it. The tea is hard to find and we can only find it at Wegmans, but so worth the drive to get it! I drink it with just water or milk sometimes, it is so good! I am now eating dried apricots, so I decided to combine both the tea and apricots together into an oatmeal. The tea provided so much flavor for the oatmeal! Mixing the dried apricots, almonds, and chia seeds provided a great combination, that added more flavor! Try this recipe out, I am sure you will not be disappointed!


Apricot Vanilla Tea Infused Oatmeal with Chia Seeds, Almonds, and Dried Apricots
Serving: 2
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups old fashion oats
  • 1 + 3/4 cup water
  • Apricot Vanilla Creme tea by Tazo
  • 1 tsp chia seeds, save a few for the end
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (or any other milk)
  • 2 tbsp sliced dried apricots
  • 1 tbsp sliced almonds
Directions:
  1. Boil water and add tea bag into the boiled water, lower heat to low. Steep tea for 3 minutes.
  2. Add chia seeds, let soak for a min.
  3. Add oatmeal and vanilla, stir together. Let cook for 3 minutes.

  4. Add milk, mix, and let oatmeal cook for another 2-3 minutes. I like my oatmeal a little thick, so I let it cook a little longer.
  5. Transfer to bowl and top with dried apricots, sliced almonds, and a pinch of chia seeds.


  6. Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Nutritional Facts 
(from MyFitnessPal) for 1 serving:
254 cal, 6g fat, 66 mg sodium, 338 mg potassium, 43g carbs, 7g fiber, 6g sugar, 7g protein, 
8% Vit A, 18% Vit C, 9% Calcium, 17% Iron

*Fun Facts About Apricots*
(From www.califapricot.com, 2012)
-About 95% of the apricots we eat are grown in California
-Great source of Vitamin A for: healthy vision, skin, and immune function.
-Great source of Vitamin C for: helps absorb iron, supports collagen and bone strength, reduces inflammation, and supports immune health.
-Good source of potassium for: muscle contraction, fluid balance, and kidney function.
Good source of iron for: oxygen transportation in the blood, immune health, and energy level. 
-High in fiber for: digestive system, weight maintenance, and cardiovascular health.
-Eat them fresh, frozen, canned, pureed, or dried
-Spices to pair with: garlic, basil, nutmeg, tarragon, cumin, and curry
-Choose: firm, plump, and an orange color apricot.
-Store in the fridge to slow ripening or in a paper bag to ripen faster.




Comments

  1. I love apricots and I must search out that tea. I haven't seen it in the local supermarket. This looks like a delicious way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts