Cucumber and tomato salad

Forth of July is here! Nothing better than a cucumber and tomato salad for a picnic. Plus Jersey tomatoes are the best!  We have an abundance of cucumbers at the farm that we are giving to Farmers Against Hunger, to feed people who may not have fresh produce to eat. Since we have so many cucumbers, I made a cucumber salad. This is a great, refreshing salad to take to a picnic!
Cucumber and Tomato Salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 HUGE Jersey cucumbers (or  3 medium), sliced
  • 3 small/medium size Jersey tomatoes, cubed
  • 1 red onion, sliced
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Slice cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes. Mix together.
  2. Add remaining ingredients.
  3. Let it sit for an hour, or as long as you have. The longer, the tastier! 
  4. Enjoy



Study and date day at the lake
We have farm land right next to a camp ground, called Lake Kandle. My dad is building a lean-to by the lake side, it is a great place to study and kayak. I was studying organic chem  but had to take a date break. Andy, my boyfriend, and I decided to do a little kayaking to get some sun and an arm workout. I can't wait to see what the lake side will look like when he is done! My dad is so creative and talented, so I know he has some clever ideas for our lake side. 

These ducks were coming so close to me!!

Eyes are matching my shirt!

My boyfriend taking the kayak out.

Such a great day for kayaking!

I hope everyone has a great forth of July!!

Comments

Popular Posts