Sesame pepper tuna steak with a wasabi soy dressing

When I think of tuna, canned tuna comes to mind. I always feared tuna steaks, maybe because their price tag or because I never knew how to cook it. I have had tuna in sushi rolls, but never pan seared tuna steaks.  I can't believe what I have been missing! My dad's friend went fishing and caught some fresh tuna. He asked my dad if he wanted any, my dad is not a tuna fan at all, but my dad took some for my blog. I have such a thoughtful father! Free fresh tuna, you can't go wrong with that!

I had to do some researching on how to cook tuna. The food network provided a good recipe to go by. I made my own crust for the tuna, made a spring mix salad, and topped it with the wasabi soy dressing. Wasabi was a bit spicy in some bits, but still a very good meal!
Sesame Pepper Tuna Steak with a Wasabi Soy Dressing

Serves: 1 
Ingredients:
  • 1 tuna steak, 4-6 oz
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
  • 3/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Pan spray (I have olive oil in my spray bottle)
  • 1 tsp wasabi powder
  • 1 tsp water
  • 1 tbs rice vinegar
  • 1 tbs lite sodium
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 2 cups spring mix
  • optional salad toppings: sliced carrots, red cabbage, tomatoes, red pepper, etc.
Directions:
  1. Toast sesame seeds in a pan, without oil, for 3 minutes, until slightly brown. Remove from stove.
  2. Combine sesame seeds, pepper, and salt together.
  3. Cover tuna steak with the sesame mixture on all sides. 
  4. Heat skillet on high. Spray pan surface with oil.
  5. When  skillet is hot, sear tuna for 2 minutes on each side. Depending on the thickness of your steak, it may need less or more time. Remove tuna from heat.


  6. In a small bowl, combine water and wasabi to make a paste. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and oil to the wasabi and whisk together.
  7. Make your spring mix salad, top with tuna, and drizzle wasabi dressing onto.
  8. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts