Deconstructed Sushi Tower with Sesame Ginger Miso Dressing

It has been 5 years since Recipe Redux have been sharing healthier recipes with the blog world. I just started a few years, but could not be happier with what my fellow ReDuxers have showed me in the world of blogging. This month's theme was to pick a fellow ReDuxers and make one of their recipes or to be inspired from their recipe.  I was inspired from all the bloggers and love so many recipes, so it was a difficult task to find just one recipe. My hope is that my blog can become as great as the other Reduxers. My blog started for a school project and than I fell in love with sharing healthy recipes, workouts, and tips. I am still a work in progress! I am looking forward to what I will be able to achieve after this year of wedding planning, moving, internships, and finishing my dietetic degree.

Two weeks ago my fiance and his work friends from the fire company did a run for The Burn Center at Saint Barnabas. The race was in Asbury Park, NJ. It was a beautiful night for the run. After the race we went out to grab a beer and some food. They were handing out free burgers, hot dogs, and chips to all the racers. I skipped the free-unhealthy options and opted for a menu item that caught my eye: the tuna poke bowl. The dish was like a tuna sushi roll deconstructed but with quinoa instead of white rice. I was so happy with this decision that I knew I had to attempt it at home.

With the theme of the month, I started to check out my fellow bloggers. I was happy to see that The Grateful Grazer created a deconstructed sushi salad bowl with a sesame ginger miso dressing. I enjoyed reading The Grateful Grazer, whom is also a dietitian. It is awesome for dietitians to support other dietitians and encourage each other. I love that she went after what she believed, moved and started her own private practice in Colorado. She has also provided recipes and tips for some great websites, including: Fitness Magazine, Livestrong, Food Gawker, and more. Everyone should go check out her blog!

I was so inspired by her dish that I twisted her recipe and made a stack instead of a bowl and tuna instead of a vegan dish. I created her sesame ginger miso dressing, which will be a dressing that I will make often!

Deconstructed Tuna Sushi Stack with Sesame Ginger Miso Dressing
 
Serves: 2-3
Ingredients of the stack:
  • 3/4 cup cooked brown rice and quinoa mixture
  • 9 oz fresh tuna, cubed
  • 1/2 cucumber, cubed
  • 1/2 cup seaweed salad (I bought it from a local chinese restaurant)
  • 3 strips of roasted seaweed snacks (I bought Annie Chun's and cut the strip in half to make it a triangle)
  • 3 tsp sesame seeds
The Grateful Grazer's Sesame Ginger Miso Dressing:
  • 1 tbsp miso
  • 2 tbsp warm water
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
Directions:
  1. Using something that is cylinder and is open on each end I had a measuring cup from Pampered Chef from years ago that worked or you can buy a ring mold. Place it on the plate.
  2. To make one mold, use 1/3 of all ingredients above. 
  3. Create the layers with quinoa and brown rice, tuna, cucumber, avocado, and seaweed salad. Top with the roasted seaweed snacks and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
  4. Create the dressing by mixing together the miso and water. Add remaining ingredients and drizzle over stack.
  5. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I did!! 
Or you can make it into a bowl:
 


Thank you to The Grateful Grazer for the inspiring me and creating an awesome dressing!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts