Strawberry Mint Mocktail

There are so many reasons for me to celebrate with a mocktail this month! I have been a wife for 1 month and we have lived in a tiny home, that in itself deserves a refreshing drink! Our wedding signature drinks included: lemon cardamon spritzer and a blueberry ginger mojito. There is no shock that I wanted to create a strawberry mint mocktail.

The Recipe Redux's May theme is to create a healthy, colorful drink concoction for May celebrations. One of the biggest celebrations, in May, is Memorial Day. It is a day to honor the men and women who have died while serving in the U.S military. These men and women deserve much more than a day for laying down their life so we can have freedom in America. Often times the parties and beach celebrations cover up the real meaning of this day. But, it is important to remember the reason behind this celebration day. The refreshing, healthy red mocktail is perfect to serve at your Memorial day parties.

In South Jersey, May is peak time for strawberries. My family's farm has been selling strawberries for the past couple weeks, which started to churn my mind into creating a drink concoction. Along with selling fresh produce, deli, and bakery items at our farm market, we also sell herbs and plants. I love fresh mint in drinks, especially mojitos (my favorite cocktail). So I decided to make a mocktail with our biggest seller: strawberries and my favorite herb: mint.

The strawberry mint mocktail can be low or high in sugar, you control the amount! I used La Croix coconut sparking water to provide the bubbly and add more flavoring. My husband and I drink sparkling water like it is going out of style! We love how it is flavorful, no sugar or salt, and still provides the carbonation like soda would. I added rock candy lollipops to add sweetness and for decoration.
Strawberry Mint Mocktail 
Serves: 4
Ingredients:  
  • 25 medium strawberries + a few for decoration
  • 10 mint leaves + extra for decoration 
  • 1/2 lime, juice
  • 3 cans sparkling water, any flavor (I used coconut)  
  • ice cubes
  • optional: rock candy lollipop, honey, any other sweetener
  • for a cocktail: coconut rum
 Directions:
  1. Wash the strawberries, remove the green tops, and cut in half.
  2. Chop mint leaves.
  3. Combine lime juice, mint, and cut strawberries (any sweeteners). Mash together with little to no chunks. Add to the bottom of the glass. 
  4. Add ice cubes and sparkling water.
  5. Decorate with extra strawberries, mint leaves, and rock candy lollipop (optional).
  6. Enjoy!!
*I tried to coat the rim of the glasses with pop rocks- I do not recommend! 

If anyone lives around Pitman, NJ-- Alaura kitchen and candy was serving up vegan and regular strawberry ice cream with my family's (Duffield's) strawberries!! Both delicious treats!


Here is my niece helping the guys pick strawberries in the field! Such a cutie!




recipe-redux-linky-logo

Comments

  1. Really liked this strawberry mocktail. I love strawberry and its shakes. Will be having it for my mocktail in wedding at one of NYC wedding venues. Will be hiring good catering service too for it as want to arrange yummy food for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy food on a wedding day is a must!! This was such an easy mocktail. Enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts