Earth day/ DIY/Farm wedding

Happy one year anniversary to my husband! This day last year I woke up, went for a run, and prayed for the rain to pass by. My whole outside farm wedding was planned out with hay bail seats, a walk through the woods, and outside cocktail hour with wine barrels. As we all know, our plans are not always the Lord’s plans. It was rainy, cold, and the wedding moved inside the tent. Obviously, I was upset but then surprised how my family decorated the ceremony area within two hours. The day turned out to be the best day of our lives. It is crazy how fast one year went by! Check out the link from my florist about my DIY farm/ earth wedding: A Garden Party Blog Post
The Cabin: where we got engaged, got married, and lived in this 400 sq ft house for our first year of marriage. It is located on a lake and my family's farm. Our veggies for the wedding were from our family's farm after we froze some from the past fall season.
Since we got married on Earth Day, on my family's farm, I decided to have a "unity" tree instead of a candle. Now we can plant the tree in our new house and watch it grow!

The favors were cups with AB&CD along with these cut-out sugar cookies. Our initials (before we got married) were ABCD. I thought it was very rare and I loved it, so our hashtag was #abcd422 and we had cookie cut outs.
Luckily, the rain stopped at times or we just got wet during pictures. I love my flowers from A Garden Party.
I am so in love with this man! I also love his suit with the elbow patches, his white tie, boutonniere, and boots. All the guys had dress pants (From Kohls), white button ups, bow ties that matched their bridesmaid's dress color, vest similar to the groom's jacket, and dress boots. Their outfits were super cheap and they are now able to wear the items again. 
Demi Brooke Kerr and her husband were our photographers. They did an amazing job getting every little detail from my wedding. My dress is from Bridals By Cyndi in Sewell, NJ. 
Coming from a farm family, we are only allowed to have weddings between November and April. Since our busy seasons are May thru October. I always wanted a Spring wedding so I waited until the last couple weekends in April. The apple blossoms were out, the green houses were full, and April showers were in full swing (even when the weather app said a sunny day). With the rain, the green house was a perfect spot and all the greenery went along with my theme.
Some friends and I painted the large and small terra cotta pots. The little terra cotta pots had a little copper tape or copper paint on the top. The large terra cotta pots, I stamped whatever herb was in it. The couple weeks to the wedding, I filled them up and continued to water them. They turned out perfect and the guests were able to take them home. 
To the right is the way everyone found their table. I tried to find an old or new picture of every guest or their date with Andy or I. On the back, my cousin wrote the herb or flower to which they were to sit. The copper vases were either vases people didn't want or cool glass bottles... I like to give items a second purpose in life. We spray painted the vases copper to go with my them and filled with the appropriate flower for that table.
All the names of the tables were done by my friend in the wedding, who does modern calligraphy (Inst: handwritingbykim). We painted paint sticks white and she painted with black. 


Comments

Popular Posts