Pumpkin protein ice cream

We all scream for ice cream--vegan pumpkin ice cream that is!

Ice cream is one of my weaknesses, no matter the time of the year! I have been experimenting with vegan ice cream. I tried a peaches and cream no churn, unfortunately it just did not work out! Instead of making my own, we walk to Alaura, which is a delicious ice cream shop in my town. They usually have two vegan ice cream flavors available. Throughout the summer they used my family's produce, which makes it even better to support them (and eat ice cream)! 
Pictured is: Vegan ice cream from Alaura; Flavors: Duffield's Farm peaches and Jersey Fresh Blueberry

Since the no-churn vegan ice cream was not working for me, I decided to invested in a small ice cream maker (on Amazon)...I am so happy I did! 

Pumpkin season is here, so it was the perfect time to make this ice cream. It seems that I always have tofu around pumpkin season, since I made a vegan pumpkin pie with it as well (click for recipe). The crust in the vegan pumpkin pie was an almond crust! 
Pictured: my vegan pumpkin pie
Another pumpkin favorite recipe I made was my pumpkin dessert hummus and whole wheat pumpkin bread. If you love everything pumpkin and healthy, as much as I do, you will enjoy this vegan pumpkin ice cream. It is lower in sugar, but adjust as you would like!
Pictured: my pumpkin dessert hummus

 


Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of silk tofu
  • 3/4 cup chilled coconut milk**
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 dates
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup 
Directions:
  1. Create date paste: emulsify dates and water. 
  2. Mix date paste with maple syrup.
  3. In a large bowl, add all ingredients together, including date and maple syrup, and emulsify to mix together.
  4. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight for best results.
  5. Add into ice cream maker and follow directions per your ice cream maker.
  6. Add mixed ice cream into a chilled loaf pan.
  7. Freeze for 30 minutes.*
  8. Scoop and enjoy all the pumpkin feels. 
**Chill the can overnight and using the thick part.
*This is best when made that day. If freezing over night, make sure to take out 30 minutes to defrost, before serving. 






Maple Coconut Whip Cream 
Ingredients:
  • 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
  • 2 tsp pure maple syrup
 Directions:
  1. In a chilled whipping bowl, add the coconut milk and syrup BUT only the solid part. You can keep the liquid for a smoothie or something later. 
  2. Whip until frothy.
  3. Scoop and top your desserts!
 

Comments

Popular Posts